Spicy Moroccan Fried Eggs
Take your eggs to the next level!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of saffron
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 6 eggs
- cumin and sesame seeds, for serving
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, and bread, for serving
1. In a small saucepan, combine the olive oil, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and saffron over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes to infuse the oil and then remove from the heat.2. Heat a skillet with a little olive oil or butter over medium-high heat and fry the eggs to your liking. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and then drizzle with the infused oil. Break the yolk and serve with bread and olives.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 462mg | Potassium: 77mg | Vitamin A: 500IU | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg