Roasted Rack of Lamb with Basil Honey Goat Cheese Sauce.
The rack of lamb comes alive with the sweet sauce!
Servings: 8 servings
Honey Goat Cheese Sauce
- 6 ounces creamy goat cheesy, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or plain greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or mint
- zest of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and pepper
1. On a large, rimmed baking sheet, season the racks generously with salt and pepper. 2. In a food processor, combine the olive oil, garlic, oregano, cumin seeds, lemon zest, and crushed red pepper flakes. Pulse until combined. Rub the mixture evenly over both racks. Arrange the carrots around the lamb. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour or cover and place in the fridge overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. 4. Roast the lamb for for 15 minutes, then flip and roast another 10 minutes for medium-rare. Remove and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. 5. Meanwhile, make the sauce. In blender, combine the goat cheese, crème fraîche, honey, and basil until smooth. Stir in the lemons zest and season to taste with salt and pepper. 6. Slice the lamb in between the bones and serve with the goat cheese sauce.
Calories: 611kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 9905IU | Vitamin C: 6.2mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 3mg