Huevos Rancheros Scrambled Eggs.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Fresh by Donal Skehan.
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 small corn tortillas, warmed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- guacamole, for serving
- black beans and cheese, for serving (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- small handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, plus more for serving
- juice of 1/2 a lime, plus wedges to garnish
- sea salt to taste
1. Prepare the tomato salsa by combining all the ingredients together in a bowl. Season with sea salt to taste. Set aside at room temperature until needed. 2. Heat a small non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add the eggs. Lower the heat and scramble the eggs slowly until you have a thick but loosely scrambled egg mixture. Remove from the heat immediately and season with sea salt and ground black pepper. 3. To serve, smear each corn tortilla with a heaping tablespoon of guacamole. Spoon in the scrambled eggs, then scatter the tomato salsa on top. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
Calories: 647kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 327mg | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1065IU | Vitamin C: 27.6mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 3.4mg