Balsamic Mushroom and Goat Cheese Pizza.
This creamy pizza ticks all the boxes
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1/2 pound pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms halved if large
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 inch of a delicata squash seeded and thinly sliced (about 1/8 thick)
- 4 ounces truffled or regular goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- flaky sea salt and black pepper
- truffle oil for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter and garlic, cook 30 second until fragrant. Add the balsamic and continue cooking 1 minute more or until the balsamic glazes the mushrooms.
On a lightly floured surface, push/roll the dough out until it is very thin. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
Layer the squash rounds in and even layer. Add the mushrooms. Sprinkle over the cheese. Finish with a sprinkle of fresh thyme and salt. Drizzle lightly with truffle oil, if using.
Transfer to the oven and bake 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden, the cheese has melted. Remove the pizza from the oven. Slice and serve!
Calories: 669kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 875mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1230IU | Vitamin C: 6.5mg | Calcium: 287mg | Iron: 5.4mg