Sage Butter Lemon Roasted Chicken in Goat Milk With Brussels Sprout Pasta.
This Sage Butter Lemon Roasted Chicken in Goat Milk With Brussels Sprout Pasta is beyond delicious, and so simple! It just screams cozy fall meal.
Servings: 6 Servings
Sage Lemon Roasted Chicken in Goat Milk
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast or thighs
- kosher salt + pepper
- 4 tablespoons Land O Lakes® European Style Butter cut into 6 slices
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 cup full fat goat milk may also use whole milk
- juice of 1 lemon + 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 12 leaves fresh sage
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 pound spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts cut into quarters
- 16 leaves fresh sage
- 1 clove large of garlic peeled
- 1/3 cup white wine or sub 1/3 cup pasta cooking water
- kosher salt + pepper
- 2-4 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Manchego cheese plus more for serving
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- arils from one pomegranate optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch Pyrex® pan. Add the chicken and sprinkle with salt + pepper. Place the pats of butter over each piece of chicken. Sprinkle the smashed garlic around the chicken. Pour the goat milk and lemon juice over the chicken. Add the sage and thyme. Bake for 30-40, minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. The time will depend on the size of your chicken pieces.
Meanwhile, make the pasta. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once hot add the Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce the heat on the Brussels sprouts to medium. Add the sage, garlic, crushed red pepper and a pinch of salt + pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes or until fragrant. Once the pasta has finished cooking and is drained, add the hot pasta to the pan with the Brussels sprouts. Add the wine, crumbled goat and Manchego cheeses, toss well until creamy, adding pasta cooking water to thin if needed. Taste and season with salt + pepper.
Serve immediately alongside the roasted chicken. Finish with pomegranate arils if desired.
Calories: 711kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 435mg | Potassium: 1147mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1140IU | Vitamin C: 92.2mg | Calcium: 254mg | Iron: 3.3mg