Blueberry Brie Cornbread Biscuits with Honey Butter.
There is really nothing better than a buttery biscuit...
Servings: 10 Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill finely ground cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk + more for brushing
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 ounces brie rind on + cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons salted butter at room temperature
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until combined. Using a fork, pastry blender or your hands, add butter pieces to the flour and mix until coarse little crumbles remain. Pour in the buttermilk and stir with a spoon until just combined, being careful not to overmix. Use your hands if needed to bring the dough together. Fold in the blueberries and Brie. Use a 1/4 cup measure to drop batter onto a nonstick baking sheet, or press dough on a sheet of parchment paper or cutting board, then use a biscuit cutter to shape the dough into rounds. Try and push any cubes of Brie into the center of the dough. Brush with buttermilk. Place in the prepared baking sheet and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm with honey butter (see below).
Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 411mg | Potassium: 367mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 725IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 1.9mg