Blackened Salmon Burgers with Herbed Cream Cheese.
Here’s the deal, not only are these salmon burgers healthy and delicious, they’re also incredibly easy to prepare.
Servings: 4 Burgers
Blackened Salmon Burgers
- 1 pound wild caught salmon skin removed
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs use gluten free bread crumbs if needed
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for cooking
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne more or less adjust to your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 4 smaller bagels or brioche burger buns toasted
- slices Sliced avocado grilled jalapenos + grilled pineapple , for topping (optional)
- Microgreens watercress + pickled red onion, for topping (optional)
Add the salmon to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it is finely chopped and similar in size to ground chicken. Alternately, you can chop the salmon very finely with a sharp knife.
Add the chopped salmon to a bowl with the Panko breadcrumbs, parmesan and olive oil. Mix with a spoon until just combined. Form into 4 equally sized burgers (or 2 large) burgers.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, dried thyme, salt and pepper. Sprinkle both sides of the burgers generously with the seasoning mix.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook burgers on each side until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side. Be gentle when flipping the burgers, as they are delicate.
Spread the bottom half of your toasted buns with the herbed cream cheese (recipe below). Top each bun with a salmon burger and then add your desired toppings. I highly recommend a slice of grilled pineapple! Add the top half of your bun. EAT!
Herbed Cream Cheese
Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and whip with an electric mix until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Stir in the basil, dill, parsley and a pinch of salt + pepper. This can be made a few days in advance and kept in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Calories: 812kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 694mg | Potassium: 749mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2080IU | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 197mg | Iron: 3.5mg