Artichoke Ricotta Flatbread.
Let's make a spring inspired flatbread!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1/2 pound homemade or store bought pizza dough at room temperature
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups fresh whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped + more for serving
- 1 tablespoon honey + more fore serving if desired
- 8 ounces marinated artichokes drained
- 6 ounces fresh mortadella or prosciutto torn (omit if vegetarian)
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes for sprinkling (if desired)
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
On a lightly floured surface, push/roll the dough out until until it is very thin. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil + sprinkle lightly with salt + pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is golden.
Meanwhile, stir together the ricotta, basil, honey and a pinch of both salt and pepper. Remove the bread from the oven and top with the ricotta. Scatter on the artichokes and then sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired. Add the torn mortadella or prosciutto. Top with fresh arugula and shaved parmesan. Just before serving drizzle with the lemon vinaigrette and chives. EAT!
Calories: 551kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 997mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1535IU | Vitamin C: 28.9mg | Calcium: 389mg | Iron: 3.5mg