Simple Buttery Spring Pea Pasta with Prosciutto.
Simple, FAST and delicious pasta.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 pound bucatini pasta (or your favorite cut I also LOVE angel hair for this)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons butter cubed or melted (I use salted butter)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas thawed
- 12 slices fresh prosciutto roughly torn
- 8 ounces burrata cheese torn
- 1 bunch fresh watercress
- 4 poaches eggs optional
- olive oil for drizzling
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Boil the pasta until al dente.
Meanwhile, whisk the eggs together in a bowl. Add the parsley, basil, parmesan and a pinch of both salt and pepper, whisk well. If desired add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
When the pasta is ready, drain and add the hot pasta right back into the hot pot. Working quickly, add the egg mixture to the hot pasta and immediately begin tossing the pasta. Continue to toss the pasta for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs have cooked and formed a creamy sauce. Add the butter + peas and toss once more. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Add the prosciutto and burrata. Divide the pasta among plates or bowls and top with watercress and poached eggs. Drizzle the burrata lightly with olive oil, salt + pepper. Enjoy immediately.
Calories: 692kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 432mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1520IU | Vitamin C: 19.3mg | Calcium: 346mg | Iron: 2.4mg