20 Minute Basil Cashew Chicken.
If there was ever a chicken dinner of my dreams, this would be it. 20 Minute Basil Cashew Chicken. I don't know what I like more. The fact that it only took 20 minutes to make or the yummy flavors!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled + grated
- 1 serrano chile or jalapeno seeded + chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups fresh Thai basil or regular basil
- steamed [coconut rice |https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/hawaiian-hula-pork-fajitas-pineapple-slaw-coconut-rice/] for serving
- 1 mango peeled + sliced
Add the chicken to a bowl and toss with the oyster sauce and soy sauce. Let the chicken marinate 10 minutes.
Heat a large skillet or wok over medium. Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add the garlic, ginger and serrano chile, cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Watch close, you don't want to burn the garlic. Increase the heat to medium high. Add another drizzle sesame oil and the chicken. Stir-fry over medium high heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cashews and cook another minute. Remove from the heat and stir in Thai basil.
Serve the chicken over steamed rice with fresh mango slices and extra basil. EAT!
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 1128mg | Potassium: 881mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1170IU | Vitamin C: 24.3mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2.5mg