Kimchi Chicken and Bacon Fried Rice.
With pineapple and all the good things in life.
Servings: 4 Servings
Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons [gochujang | http://www.amazon.com/Chung-Jung-One-500g-Gochujang/dp/B002WTE0MQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1459860970&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=gochujang+korean+chile+paste+or+sriracha] or sriracha korean chile paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil divided
- 3 eggs beaten with an added pinch of salt
- 4 slices thick cut bacon chopped
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken breasts or tenders cubed
- 4 cups cooked white rice OR quinoa
- 1-2 cups cubed pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup homemade or store bought kimchi
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- pepper to taste
- toasted sesame seeds for topping
Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add a drizzle of sesame oil. Once hot, add the eggs and let cook until they begin to set on the edges, then gently scramble the eggs. Cook until soft and set. Remove the eggs from the skillet and set aside. Wipe the skillet clean and return to the stove.
Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Drain the bacon on a paper towel lined plate. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease from the skillet. Add a small drizzle of sesame oil and set the skillet back on the stove over medium heat.
Once hot, add the chicken and 2-3 tablespoons of the Korean BBQ sauce. Cook until the sauce glazes the chicken and the chicken is cooked through. Spoon the chicken onto the plate with the bacon.
Heat another drizzle of oil in the same pan. Once hot, add the rice and pineapple chunks, stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the peas and kimchi, cooking until warmed through. Stir in the reserved eggs, bacon and chicken and cook another minute longer. Remove from the heat and add the green onions + cilantro.
Divide the rice among bowls and serve drizzled with Korean BBQ Sauce and sesame seeds. EAT!
Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 169g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 182mg | Sodium: 348mg | Potassium: 694mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 37.4mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 4.4mg