Simple Coconut Quinoa and Lentil Curry with Lime Mango.
It's healthy, vegetarian and can easily be made vegan! Simple goes with Monday like french fries and ketchup, or cookies and milk.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 2-3 carrots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 2-3 tablespoons thai red curry paste I like to use 3
- 1 tablespoons curry powder I like using spicy curry powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups coconut water OR vegetable broth OR water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce if vegan
- 1 cup green lentils rinsed
- 1 cup mixed red and white quinoa
- 3-4 big handful baby kale
- juice + zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro + basil chopped
- 1 mango sliced or chopped
- fresh limes, naan, greek yogurt, fresno chiles + almonds, for topping
Heat the coconut oil in a large heavy bottomed pot set over medium heat. Once hot, add the red pepper and carrots, cook 2-3 minutes or until lightly charred on the edges. Add the garlic + ginger and cook 30 seconds. Add the thai red curry paste and curry powder, continue cooking for another minute or until the curry is fragrant. Slowly pour in the coconut milk, coconut water (or broth or just water) and fish sauce or soy sauce. Stir to combine and then bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, stir in the lentils and quinoa. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are tender and the quinoa soft. Stir in the kale and continue cooking, uncovered for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat the and stir in the lemon juice + zest, the cilantro and basil.
Ladle the curry into bowls and top with mango. Drizzle the mango with lime juice + zest. Garnish the curry the with a dollop of greek yogurt, fresno chilies and almonds. Serve with fresh naan. EAT.
Calories: 525kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Sodium: 322mg | Potassium: 1444mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 12955IU | Vitamin C: 155.6mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 10.4mg