Coconut Chia Oats with Caramelized Bananas.
I never knew a bowl of oats could be so good!
Servings: 2 Bowls
- 1 cup old fashioned oats use gluten free oats if needed
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Original Unsweetened
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of sea salt or kosher salt
- 1-2 ounces dark chocolate optional
- honey for drizzling (optional)
- chopped almonds toasted coconut, bee pollen, dried, crushed roses, citrus zest, hemp seeds and or chia seeds, for topping (optional)
- 2 ripe but firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
In a medium sauce pan, combine the oats, Almondmilk Coconutmilk, water and chia seeds. Bring the mixture to a low boil and then simmer over medium low heat, stirring often until the liquid has been absorbed and the oats have thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla + salt. If your oatmeal gets too thick, just thin with more Almondmilk Coconutmilk.
Meanwhile, heat a skillet to medium high heat. Add the coconut oil. Sprinkle both sides of the banana slices with coconut sugar. Once the pan is hot, but not smoking, add the banana slices in a single layer. Cook for 1 minutes per side or until the banana is just caramelized. Carefully remove the bananas from the pan.
Divide the oatmeal among two bowls and top with the warm caramelized bananas. Add the chocolate and a drizzle of honey + any other desired toppings. Drizzle over a little Almondmilk Coconutmilk and EAT!
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 405mg | Potassium: 719mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 10.2mg | Calcium: 338mg | Iron: 4.6mg