Hibiscus, lemongrass and Basil Honey Sweet Iced Tea.
I love this pretty ruby-red color. Color like this in food...naturally, just makes me ecstatic.
Servings: 1 Quarts
- 5 cups water
- 1 lemongrass stalk thinly sliced, plus more stalks for serving*
- 1/4 cup honey or more to taste (may sub coconut sugar or maple syrup for vegan version)
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice plus lime slices for serving
Bring the water to a boil in a medium size pot. Remove from the heat and add the lemongrass, honey, hibiscus flowers and basil leaves. Cover and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain into a pitcher and discard the used lemongrass, hibiscus flowers and basil.
Stir in the lime juice and taste, if needed add more honey. Chill until cold. Serve over ice with a fresh lemongrass stalk, basil and lime. Enjoy!
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 88mg | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 21.4mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 7.7mg