Big Easy Style Saucy Creole Shrimp.
It's got flavor, sauce, beer, rice and more beer - but only in bread form...which if you are asking me, is really the best form.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo sliced (may also use ground if needed)
- 1/3 cup flour use gluten free if needed
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded + chopped
- 1 ounce can stewed tomatoes 14
- 1-2 tablespoons creole seasoning depending on your taste
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 ounce beer 12
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp peeled + deveined
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire omit if gluten free
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- steamed white or brown rice for serving
- [beer bread | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/5-ingredient-beer-bread/] for serving
In a medium size soup pot, brown the chorizo over medium high heat. Remove from the pot and drain on a paper towel lined plate. To the same pot, add the oil and flour, whisking until combined. Cook for 10 minutes or until the roux is lightly golden. Add the onion, garlic, celery, green pepper. Cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, 1 tablespoon creole seasoning and the smoked paprika, cook another minute. Slowly pour in the beer, add back the chorizo and bring the mixture to a low boil, simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add the butter. Toss the shrimp with the cajun seasoning and place in the hot skillet. Sear on both side for about 4 minutes per side or until pink and cooked through. Remove from the heat. Now add the shrimp, Worcestershire and hot sauce to the creole mixture. Simmer another 5 minutes.
Serve the shrimp over a bowl of hot rice with a side of [beer bread | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/5-ingredient-beer-bread/] for dipping.
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 486mg | Sodium: 808mg | Potassium: 685mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2545IU | Vitamin C: 38.9mg | Calcium: 285mg | Iron: 6.3mg