Spicy Green Harissa.
But really, isn't this SO green? How could it not be packed full of healthy ingredients?
Servings: 1 Cups
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds or 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 leave jalapenos seeded if desired (or in just a few seeds)
- 2 green onions
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated
- 1/3 cup green olives (optional these are not traditional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
Lightly toast the cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring often until fragrant, 2-3 minutes; let cool.
Add the seeds to a food processor or high powdered blender and purée the seeds with the cilantro, parsley, jalapeños, garlic, green onions, green olives (if using), olive oil, lemon juice, and salt until smooth. Store in a sealed glass jar or container.
* Harissa can be made 5 days ahead. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto surface of harissa. Cover and chill.
Nutritional value base on 1 cup
Calories: 705kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 74g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 810mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2665IU | Vitamin C: 73.5mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 7.8mg