Homemade Holidays: Let’s Make the House Smell Like Christmas.
This homemade fragrance will make your christmas complete
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 tangerines halved
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise gives a strong black licorice smell. optional
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean + 1 vanilla extract
- 1 small branch fresh pine
- 1 cup apple cider pomegranate or cranberry juice
Combine all the ingredients in a medium size sauce pot. Fill the pot with water until it reaches 3/4 the way full. Place the pot on the stove and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, adding more water as needed. I let mine simmer for close to 4 hours and then let it cool over night and simmer again the next day. Just be sure to keep adding more water.
Calories: 1kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.4mg