Garlic and Herb Roasted Cherry Tomato Carbonara w/Crispy Prosciutto + Burrata.
A delicious summer tomato recipe
Servings: 6 Servings
- 2 pints heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (I used basil oregano and dill)
- 3 cloves garlic minced or grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 4 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or parsley chopped
- 1 pound of your favorite long cut pasta I used tailgate
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, at room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Add the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs, garlic and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper to a baking dish. Toss well, making sure the tomatoes are coated in olive oil, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the prosciutto. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes or until the tomatoes collapse and the prosciutto is crisp.
3. Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, parmesan, crushed red peppers, and basil, in large serving bowl.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta until al dente. Before you drain the pasta scoop out about 1/2 cup pasta water, drain the pasta well.
5. Immediately add the hot pasta to the egg/cheese mixture, tossing quickly (to ensure the eggs do not scramble) until the eggs thicken and create a sauce. Thin the sauce with a bit of the reserved pasta water, until it reaches your desired consistency. Add the tomatoes and all the juices from the tomatoes and gently toss to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
6. Divide the pasta among plates and top with freshly torn burrata cheese and fresh herbs. Grab a fork and start twirling!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 439mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1595IU | Vitamin C: 37.3mg | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 2.8mg