Greek Goddess Chickpea + Quinoa Nachos with Pita Chips
Perfect for a healthy game day or easy dinner.
Servings: 8 Servings
Pita Chips or (4-6 cups store bought pita chips)
- 3 [pita rounds homemade | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/traditional-greek-pita-bread/] or store bought
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic grated (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped, plus more for topping
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregono chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved or quartered, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup marinated artichokes halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 ounces fresh feta cheese crumbled
Cut pitas into 8 wedges (or more if your pitas are big). Pour olive oil into a bowl along with the garlic, oregano and paprika. Brush the pita chips with the olive oil and garlic mixture and then sprinkle with fresh sea salt and pepper. Arrange pita chips on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
In a medium size skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic and cook about 1 minute. Add the zucchini and cook about five minutes or until the zucchini is caramelized. Add the tomatoes, artichokes, chickpeas, dill, basil, oregono and pepper. Cook another five minutes, remove from heat and stir in the quinoa, remaining olive oil and red wine vinegar.
Heat the broiler of your oven. Spread the pita chips in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle on the quinoa mixture so it is evenly distributed among the chips. Top with mozzarella cheese and a hand full of feta. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, just until cheese is melty and gooey and the chips are warm. Remove from the oven and immediately cover with the remaining feta, fresh basil and fresh tomatoes. SERVE!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 595mg | Potassium: 368mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 990IU | Vitamin C: 22.6mg | Calcium: 204mg | Iron: 2.1mg