Super Healthy Breakfast (or anytime) Cookies.
Tasty, healthy cookies. Really I can honestly say you can feel good about eating these.
Servings: 16 Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter you can substitute almond butter
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 cup dried pomegranates or dried fruit of your choice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, oats, ground flaxseeds, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
In a microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup microwave the canola oil and peanut butter together for 30 seconds, stir to combine. Add the mashed bananas, egg, honey and vanilla. Whisk until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir with a mixing spoon until the dough comes together. Fold in the dark chocolate, dried pomegranates and walnuts until evenly distributed. Drop about 2 tablespoons of rounded dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet, placing them about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set and lightly golden around the edges.
These cookies will not flatten or spread. They pretty much just hold their form.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 0.9mg