Crispy Gnocchi with Pistachio Pesto.
If you are feeling tired, cranky and hungry these crispy gnocchi's are perfect. They are fast and soft and delicious and done in under 30 minutes!
Servings: 6 Servings
- 3/4 cup unsalted shelled or in-shell roasted pistachios - you decide
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or more depending on your preference
- 2 pound packages potato gnocchi 1, I used DeLallo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for the pan
Combine the pistachios, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and pepper in a food processor or blender and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil and process until smooth. Add the cheese and pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
Cook the gnocchi according to package instructions.Before draining reserve a cup of the cooking water. Drain completely. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the gnocchi in a single layer and cook (I did this in two batches) undisturbed, until golden and crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Turn the gnocchi and cook, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp, about 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the pesto and some of the cooking water to thin the sauce. You might have leftover pesto. Serve warm and garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 180mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 975IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 6mg