Cinnamon Bourbon Fizz
Great for holiday parties with family and friends...the perfect cozy winter cocktail!
Servings: 1 drink
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) bourbon
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) aperol
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 1-2 dashes orange or rosemary bitters
- 1 -2 ounces cinnamon syrup (recipe below)
- sparkling water, for topping
1. To make the cinnamon syrup. In a medium pot, bring 1/2 cup water, the honey, cinnamon, and rosemary to a boil over high heat. Boil 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat. Let cool, then strain the syrup into a glass jar. This syrup makes enough for about 6 drinks.2. In a cocktail shaker, combine 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon syrup, the bourbon, aperol, lemon juice, and bitters. Add ice and shake. Strain into a glass. Top off with sparkling water. Garnish with sugared rosemary.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently run rosemary sprigs under a little water to dampen and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the rosemary with granulated sugar on all sides, making sure the rosemary is thoroughly coated in sugar. Allow to dry on the baking sheet for 1 hour. The rosemary can be made 1 day in advance and stored at room temperature.