Spiced Maple Bourbon Fizz
The perfect cozy cocktail...classic with a seasonal twist. Make a large batch for family or friends - so easy!
Servings: 1 drink
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) bourbon
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- 1-2 dashes orange bitters
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) spiced maple syrup
- champagne, for topping
1. To make the spiced maple syrup. In a medium pot, bring 1/2 cup water, the maple, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise, and ginger to a boil over high heat. Boil 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat. Stir in the orange zest. Let cool, then strain the syrup into a glass jar. This syrup makes enough for about 6 drinks.2. In a cocktail shaker, combine 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, the bourbon, lemon juice, and orange bitters. Add ice and shake. Strain into a glass. Top off with champagne. Garnish with an orange slice and star anise, if desired.