Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Strombolis
Pizza dough rolled up with ranch, extra saucy buffalo chicken, 3 kinds of cheese, plus seasoning on top!
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (homemade sauce in notes)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (homemade sauce in notes)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 2.In a bowl, combine the chicken, buffalo sauce, cilantro, chives, and jalapeño. 3. Divide the pizza dough into 4 balls. On a floured surface, roll the dough into about an 8-inch circle/oval. Spread each piece of dough with ranch, then add buffalo chicken on top in an even layer. Top with equal amounts of mozzarella and cheddar. Drizzle with additional buffalo sauce, if desired. Tuck in two sides of the dough, then roll up into a log (like a cinnamon roll), pinch to seal. Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.4. In a bowl, combine the parmesan, sesame seeds, and Italian seasoning. Brush the tops of the stromboli with the beaten egg, then sprinkle with the parmesan. Take a sharp knife and cut 2 small slits in the top of the dough.5. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375° and bake another 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve with additional buffalo sauce and/or ranch. ENJOY!
Buffalo Sauce: In a glass jar or measuring cup, mix 1/2 cup hot sauce, 1/2 cup olive oil or melted butter, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, and a 1/2 teaspoon each of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Ranch: In a glass jar or measuring cup, mix 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, 2 tablespoons buttermilk, 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon dried dill, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, and a pinch each of kosher salt and black pepper.