Caprese Pesto Tarts
Golden brown pastry, burst tomatoes, burrata, and basil create a deliciously flaky tart...a great summertime appetizer or light dinner!
Servings: 4 (8 as an appetizer)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- chili flakes, to taste
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup basil pesto
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.2. in a bowl, toss together the olive oil, tomatoes, thyme, oregano, garlic, chili flakes, salt, and pepper.3. Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 squares. Spread each square with a tablespoons of pesto, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle the cheese over the pesto. Arrange the tomatoes over the cheese. 4. Fold the edges of the pastry inward to enclose. Bake 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is golden and the cheese has melted. Break the burrata over the warm tomatoes, then spoon over the pesto. Top with fresh basil. Enjoy!