BBQ Beer Chicken Skewers with Avocado Corn and Feta Salsa
The perfect weeknight dinner that comes together in no time and is great for summer grilling!
Corn and Feta Salsa
- 1-2 jalapeños
- 2 cups grilled or steamed corn
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- whipped or mashed avocado, for serving
1. In a pot, combine the beer, ketchup, honey, dijon, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder and about 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium- high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, until thickened. 2. Combine the chicken and about 1/2 cup BBQ sauce in a bowl, tossing to coat.3. Set your grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium-high heat. Take skewers and thread the chicken pieces on. Grill the skewers until lightly charred and cooked through, turning them occasionally throughout cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes total. Alternately, you can roast the chicken at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.4. At the same time, grill the jalapeño until lightly charred, then give it a rough chop and toss with the corn, cilantro, basil, chives, lime juice, lemon juice, and vinegar. Season with salt then toss with the feta. 5. Serve the chicken with the salsa, whipped avocado, and fresh herbs all on the side.