Happy Spring!!! ?
Funny enough it snowed all last week (and like A LOT), but yesterday was finally all sunshine. THANK GOD. I really needed to see the sun and it’s supposed to stay out today, too! YEAH!!
So, with today being the first official day of Spring I thought a fun spring cocktail was in order. One packed with fruity flavors, a little fizz and okok, maybe some tequila too…or if that’s not your thing, these can easily be made into mocktails too! Traditionally a Paloma is a tequila based cocktail mixed with grapefruit juice and topped with a little sparkling water. I took that idea and swapped in strawberries infused with a little chamomile honey tea. Perfect fresh and light flavors for spring, right? Plus, I bought a whole bunch of fresh chamomile flowers at Whole Foods. Not knowing this, the next day my mom bought me a whole bunch more. Clearly some pretty, spring, chamomile cocktails were needed.
I mean, obviously. Ok and I am slightly obsessed with edible flowers right now. 🙂
These Strawberry Chamomile Palomas are the perfect drinks to celebrate spring… and then Easter exactly one week later… oh, and Mother’s Day in May, plus everything in between! Hehe, I am so excited, such fun things happening! Oh and also, these drinks could not be easier to make. Just make a quick chamomile honey infused simple syrup, add some grapefruit juice, tequila and fresh strawberries to a glass, and muddle that up with all your might! Then just add ice and top off with sparkling water.
DONE AND DONE.
Strawberry Chamomile Paloma.
Servings: 1 Drink
Calories Per Serving: 434 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
For the Drinks
- 3 ounces fresh grapefruit juice (about half of 1 grapefruit
- 2-4 tablespoons chamomile honey syrup depending on your taste
- 2 ounces tequila omit to make a virgin version
- 4 fresh strawberries sliced
- sparkling water for topping off
- crushed ice
Chamomile Honey Syrup
- Combine water and honey in a small saucepan and bring to a low boil, simmer 1 minute and remove from the heat. Add the tea bag, cover and steep for 5-10 minutes. Remove the tea bag and allow the syrup to cool completely. Store in the fridge.
For the Drinks
- Add the grapefruit juice, chamomile syrup, tequila and strawberries to a glass. Use a muddler (or even the end of a rolling pin), gently push the strawberries down until they release their juices and are lightly smashed. Add a handful of ice and then add sparkling water to top off. Give the drink a gentle stir. Taste and add more chamomile syrup if desired. Garnish with fresh chamomile flowers and strawberries if desired <---DO THIS... Drink. 🙂
View Recipe Comments
*If you'd prefer, you can strain out the mashed strawberries and then add fresh sliced strawberries for a prettier look.
Yup. Spring I am ready for you. Cheers. 🙂