Keeping it fresh, simple, and healthy today with this Lemon Parmesan Salmon with Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad. Grilled salmon with spices, herbs, and parmesan, served over a summery corn salad made with tomatoes, avocado, chickpeas, feta cheese, and the most deliciously addicting lemon garlic yogurt. This meal is quick, easy, extra colorful, super flavorful, and so delicious. The perfect dinner to serve any night of the week.
Summer is all about throwing fresh food on the grill, tossing it together, and calling it dinner…
Enter in this all-in-one blackened salmon. It’s the summertime dish that’s fast, fresh, healthy, so pretty, and obviously…so delicious. I couldn’t be more excited to share this recipe today!
Again, this is another recipe I made before traveling to Costa Rica. And I’m already looking forward to making it as soon I return home, which sadly, is today! But, after 5 days away I must say, I’m ready to get back. Back to cooking, and back to some sense of normalcy. To say Costa Rica has been an adventure would be a bit of an understatement. I certainly have plenty of stories. Everything ranging from a robbery, to a wildlife sanctuary (complete with sloths and the cutest baby monkeys), to a mile long ocean zip line, to a beautiful day at the beach. And of course, many, many more crazy Gerard family stories in between. I could probably write a book on this vacation. But in an effort to keep this post on the shorter side I’ll save those stories for Sunday.
So let’s focus on this the salmon, because it’s so amazingly delicious.
Spicy, herby, lemony, garlicky, with a touch of parmesan, every bite melts in your mouth. I’m betting on this dish becoming your new go-to all summer long.
It’s covered in a flavorful blackened seasoning…a mix of some of my favorites. Plenty of garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. I like to add flavor, but also be careful to still let the flavor of the salmon shine through. The garlic and smoky paprika are key here.
If you don’t have a grill, you can easily just roast or grill the salmon. Either option is going to be great!
I like to serve the salmon over a bed of garlicky yogurt, plus a delicious corn, tomato, and avocado salad. It’s basically a plate of in-season summer food, and it’s so very good.
The corn salad is simply chickpeas, grilled corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado, fresh herbs, olive oil, and salt. In my book, simple (but still GOOD) is the name of the game when it comes to summer recipes.
Add a little smear of tangy yogurt and your dinner is ready.
You could also add a side of grilled bread, steamed rice, smashed potatoes, or even a little pasta. Or just simply serve as is. The leftovers are great the following day for lunch and can be bulked up with additional greens.
This dish has become my personal go-to low-key dinner when serving friends or family. It’s also a great hearty recipe to incorporate into your weekly meal prep. Then enjoy delicious healthy dinner, or lunches throughout the week. I like to make this when I know I’m having an “off” week, with very little recipe testing and photographing.
The major beauty of this recipe is that you can make it almost entirely on the grill – no cooking needed.
Perfect for these hot July temperatures!
If you make this lemon parmesan salmon with corn, tomato, and avocado salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Watch the How To Video:
Lemon Parmesan Salmon
Calories Per Serving: 1215 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 1 pinch crushed red peppers flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 can (14 ounce) chickpeas, drained
- 4 ears grilled or steamed corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Place the salmon in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Add the paprika, garlic, lemon zest, crushed red pepper flakes, parmesan, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil, rubbing the seasonings and oil evenly into flesh.2. To make the yogurt sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.3. Heat your grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium high heat. Place the salmon on the grill, skin side down. Cover and cook until skin is lightly charred, 4-5 minutes, carefully flip and grill another 3-4 minutes until opaque. 4. Meanwhile, add the basil, cilantro, olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, chives, and a pinch each of crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to a large serving bowl. Add the chickpeas, corn, tomatoes, feta, and avocado, toss to combine. 5. To serve, spread the yogurt sauce onto plates. Add the corn salad, then the salmon. Eat!