Just cranking out the summer recipes before it’s too late.
Ahh, and too cold, which for me is probably right about now. I could see my breath on this morning’s hike.
But it is still very much summer and I am sharing the easiest homemade Italian Ice over at Food 52 today. It’s so simple, so refreshing and the perfect way to savor every last bit of summer. Which is exactly what I am going to be doing today. No wait, I wish I was going to be doing that today. What am I really doing? Setting up friendly traps for the squirrel that has been living in out house for the past WEEK!
Yes, you guys I am so serious. I promise, we are not dirty people (well the boys, they are kind of dirty I guess). In fact I am probably a little too clean, but you see the boys in the house think it is ok to leave the door wide open all day long. Cllearly it is not ok, because we now have a squirrel problem. Someday I am going to look up and see a bear. That’ll be real fun.
So today is all about catching the family squirrel and safely setting it free. Advice? We need it.
For the Italian Ice recipe head over to Food 52.
This weeks Link Love:
- I am in awe over this Fried Duck Egg Avocado Toast. I mean, yes!
- You ready for something just completely stunning? Check out this Heirloom Tomato Galette + Lemon Balm Almond Pesto. I cannot get over those gorgeous heirlooms!
- Chocolate Butterscotch Pudding! How good does that sound? I am on a huge butterscotch kick!
- I want these tart dishes so badly.
- These flowers are so pretty and I love the farm-like scene.
- All the colors in this beetroot and feta tart are just amazing. I cannot wait to try it!
- Summer crab feast?? Count me in!
- I love the idea of this farmers market cornbread. Using up all of summer’s bounty!
- This cake photo.
- This green chutney, avocado, tomatoes and fries eggs open sandwich pretty much just screams, “make me”.
- Blueberry peach macaroon thumb print cookies. Loving this combo.
- Most delicious looking chocolate cupcakes ever.
- These wild raspberry scones make me want to makes scones, like right now. Raspberries will do that for me.
- The best looking pizza of the summer. Summer vegetable pizza is surely on the menu tonight.
- I am currently trying to consume all the berries so these mixed berry crumb bars are perfect.
- This cheese plate. You guys, the photos say it all.
- I am a huge fan of birthday cakes and this one is most definitely epic.
- Lately I have been loving breakfast (for lunch and dinner!) and this breakfast quinoa flakes w/stewed blackberries + basil flowers sounds delicious.
- Love this behind the scenes post with Cook Republic’s Sneh Roy. So inspiring.
- This greek style fish soup is just gorgeous and not to mention so good too.
- These pancakes have me so excited for fall…as if I was not already excited enough.
If you missed it here is what I made this last week:
Bourbon Caramelized Bacon and Heirloom Tomato BLT w/Fired Eggs + Smoked Gouda, Chocolate Dipped Zucchini Granola Bars, Indian Style Beef Satay with Curried Cashew Sauce, Roasted Garlic Eggplant Lasagna Boats and Sweet Buttered Polenta Pancakes with Fresh Summer Berries (my favorite!!)!!