Keeping it fresh, simple, and healthy today with this Greek Salmon with Lemon Feta and Orzo Summer Salad. Grilled (or pan-seared) Greek salmon, served with a summery orzo salad made with roasted peppers, tomatoes, olives, and avocado. Finish this simple summer dish with the most deliciously addicting marinated feta cheese with charred lemons plus lots of herbs. It doesn’t get easier or more delicious than this grilled salmon…simple, extra colorful, super flavorful, pretty healthy, and so delicious. The perfect dinner to serve any night of the week all summer long.
Clearly I am very into these summery dinners filled with garden produce and herbs. I just can’t help it. When I have an abundance of fresh produce available to use, I can’t resist using it all…and sometimes all at once.
After yesterday’s oven fried mac and cheese bites, I figured something fresh, and oh so healthy, would be a nice switch up for today.
Enter this simple summery Greek salmon, loaded with produce and lemon feta. It’s the summertime dish that’s fast, fresh, healthy, so pretty, and obviously…so delicious. I couldn’t be more excited to share this recipe today! So with that…
Jumping into details…
I guess I will start with this, today’s ingredient list long, but there are a lot of herbs, spices, vinegar, and oil being used. My hope is that these are items you already have on hand. And that all you’ll need to pick up from the market is fresh salmon and veggies.
Now, the salmon. I seasoned it up in quite possibly one of my favorite seasoning blends. It’s a combination of balsamic vinegar, smoked paprika (not really Greek…but it’s one of my favorite spices), fresh oregano, shallots (KEY!), garlic (also KEY), and lots of olive oil. Mix, and let it sit while you get everything else for the salad together.
For the summery orzo, you’re really just tossing hot orzo with plenty of fresh herbs, roasted red peppers, chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, and avocado. Add a little olive oil and season this up with salt and pepper.
On to the grill…
Grill the salmon until it’s just charring. At the very same time, grill the slices of lemon until caramelized. And then, just like with last week’s lemon butter pasta, chop the lemon slices and toss with lots and lots of fresh herbs. Then toss the whole mix with the crumbled feta cheese and a splash of olive oil. Now you have charred lemon feta…
And it’s delectable…and just a little addicting. Salty, lemony, and heavy on the herbs.
Also, if you don’t have a grill, you can easily just pan-sear or oven-bake the salmon. Either option is going to be great!
Put it all together…
I love to toss some of the lemon feta with the orzo salad. Next, spoon the orzo onto plates, add the salmon, and sprinkle on a generous amount of the lemon feta.
Done. Dinner in less than an hour that’s also colorful and oh so GOOD!
And simple! And in my book, simple AND delicious, well that’s the name of the game when it comes to summer recipes.
This dish has become my personal go-to low-key dinner that’s satisfying, healthy, and in season. It’s also a great hearty recipe to incorporate into your weekly meal prep. Enjoy a delicious healthy dinner, or use it for lunches throughout the week. I like to make this when I know I’m having an “off” week, with very little recipe testing and photographing. Basically, my computer days.
Oh, and here’s an added bonus…this can be made entirely made on the grill, so no oven! Perfect for these hot summer months.
Looking for other summer salmon recipes? Here are some favorites:
Lastly, if you make this Greek salmon with lemon feta and orzo summer salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Greek Salmon with Lemon Feta and Orzo Summer Salad.
Calories Per Serving: 475 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Collection
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 4 (5-6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tablespoon dried oregano)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 lemons, sliced and seeds removed - use to your taste
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, dill, and or mint, chopped (I use a mix)
- 1. Place the salmon in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, paprika, oregano, shallot, garlic, and a pinch each of crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Rub the seasonings and oil evenly into flesh. Toss the lemon slices into the oil. 2. To make the salad. Add the orzo, olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, herbs, and a pinch each of crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to a large serving bowl. Add the chickpeas, red peppers, tomatoes, olives, and avocado, toss to combine.3. Heat your grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium high heat. Place the salmon on the grill, skin side down. Add the lemon slices. Cover and cook until skin is lightly charred, 4-5 minutes, flip the salmon and lemons, grill another 3-4 minutes until opaque. Remove everything from the grill. 4. Finely chop the lemon slices and mix them with the herbs, crumbled feta, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add a couple of spoonfuls of the feta to the orzo salad. 5. Divide the salad between plates. Add the salmon and sprinkle with lemon feta. Top with lots of fresh herbs, and an extra squeeze of lemon, if desired. Enjoy!