Coconut Banana Cream Pie Parfaits!! Oh my gosh, SO GOOD. Made with a buttery Ritz cracker and sweet coconut “crust”, layered with fresh bananas, homemade coconut pudding, and a dollop of whipped cream too. Finish each parfait with plenty of chocolate shavings for a truly delicious dessert. These parfaits are a simple, easy, and sweet treat that’s delicious any time of year. Especially during the spring and summer days ahead, when you’re looking for a yummy chilled dessert.
I know that everyone is excited for Friday, the weekend, and hopefully some serious chill time, but first some pie time!
Or more specifically, pie parfaits, which feel fun and springy to me, so I’m very into them! And there’s even some chocolate too. Very fitting for a Friday, don’t you think?
It’s been a long week over here with lots of snow falling (please no more!). I cooked many recipes, had a lot of failed recipes (yes, I promise it does happen and this week it happened A LOT). I had some fun conference calls, some long conference calls, recorded a podcast, and made my flaky honey brioche bread on IG stories.
Oh, and I also made us some coconut banana cream pie…in a cute little glass to make it a parfait!
Something about this time before and after Easter always, always, makes me think about coconut based desserts. I’m going to be honest, today’s post was 100% supposed to be a coconut layer cake. But after one too many failed attempts, I gave up and made coconut banana cream pies instead. And you know what?
I am happy about it. The older (and hopefully wiser) I get, the more I realize that what they say is true, everything happens for a reason. If I didn’t fail miserably at my coconut cake, I would have never made these delicious (and easy) coconut parfaits.
These are better than cake….
I mean, you know, at least right now anyway…
And you know what else? If I don’t make it to Florida, then I wasn’t meant to go. If do make it, great, but if I don’t something else will come around. It’s all about the way you look things, right. Positivity is not my strongest trait, but I’m working on it. And there is something else coming up…a giant, all 18 of us, family trip to Costa Rica in July. And I am going!
Anyway, back to these parfaits. For someone who really loves bananas, you’d think I’d surely have a classic banana pie on the site, but I don’t. I’ve made variations, but never a true banana cream pie. This is the closest I’ve come, and it’s still not “classic”.
But, you know me. I try to put my own twist on most recipes, and well, I think these parfaits are pretty darn delicious.
And much easier than cake. Just saying.
First, make the coconut pudding. Honestly, this is so easy to do. You just need coconut milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Simple, simple, but so coconutty, creamy, and DELISH.
The coconut pudding is layered with a buttery toasted coconut “crust” that’s a million times better than your average graham cracker crust. For whatever reason, I’m not a huge fan of the graham cracker crust. But I love this buttery coconut “crust” instead. It’s sweet and super coconutty, which I find pairs so well with the combo of creamy coconut pudding and bananas.
Once you have the pudding and crust together, just layer it up with fresh bananas, and whipped cream. It’s just like a banana cream pie, but with the addition of coconut, and layered in cute glasses instead of a single pie crust.
I also like to finish each glass off with a very generous amount of chocolate shavings. Perfect dessert for Easter, but really, this dessert is great anytime. Every bite is full of creamy coconut pudding, crunchy toasted coconut “crust”, sweet bananas, and even a touch of chocolate too.
As perfect as it gets!
If you make these coconut banana-cream pie parfaits, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Coconut Banana Cream Pie Parfaits.
Calories Per Serving: 322 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cans (14 ounce) full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- shaved chocolate for topping
View Recipe Comments
- 1. To make the pudding. In a large pot, whisk together the egg yolks and cornstarch until fully combined. Add the brown sugar, coconut milk, and salt. Set the pot over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens and is creamy and pudding like, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla and butter. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool completely until set, about 20-30 minutes..
2. To make the crust. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix together the cracker crumbs, coconut, melted butter, and 1 tablespoon honey. Spread the mix out on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven. Bake 10 minutes, until light golden and toasted. Remove and let cool. 3. To make the cream. Whip the cream together until stiff peaks form. Fold in the 2 tablespoons honey.4. Assemble. In the bottom of 6-8 glass jars or cups, layer the crust, bananas, pudding, and about 1 tablespoon whipped cream. Repeat the layer 1 more time. Chill 30 minutes or up to 1 day. Serve topped with shaved chocolate.