Sometimes I do thoughtless things.
Things like forgetting to put the cream on the Bourbon Peaches and CREAM pancakes.
Sometimes I am just so excited about a recipe. So excited in fact, that I forget to actually add the ingredients that make up the recipe. I am not even talking little things like maybe a final drizzle of chocolate or a sprinkle of basil. No, I am talking big things. Things that are in the darn title of the recipe.
Things that make the recipe good.
Yes, I forgot to add the final dollop of whipped cream to the top of this stack. I got through the whole set of photos and then cut into the stack and it hit me.
I forgot the whipped cream.
The final dollop of whipped cream.
The whipped cream that ties the whole dish together.
Not gonna lie, I was so annoyed.
One, I loved the photos I had taken.
Two, I only made half the recipe since it was only me and I was leaving in a couple of days for South Carolina. Meaning I had just cut into my only stack. There would be no more taking any photos of this stack.
Three, the sun was setting and I was out of light for the day.
Oh and yes, if you are wondering I made pancakes at 7:00pm that day.
It was pretty darn awesome. Seriously, you can’t beat breakfast for dinner.
Obviously the next morning I got up and made these all over again. These pancakes are just too good to not show you them the proper way.
Bourbon peaches, coconut cream and bourbon cream syrup.
I am declaring them summer’s favorite pancake. I know I probably do not have that kind of authority, but really you can’t beat peaches and cream. Especially when it is bourbon peaches and coconut cream!
Match made in sweet fruit heaven.
First of all, I could eat the caramelized bourbon peaches all day. Really I could probably just keep spooning them into my mouth morning and night. They are incredible. But then there is the fluffy cream pancakes.
So darn fluffy it is insane. I chose to use coconut cream which I am hearing you can actually buy in the store already separated from the coconut water? Personally I still prefer to buy just the regular canned coconut milk since I love using the coconut water I get from the can. Anyway, I know some of you guys are not all that into coconut and man if that’s the case I am so sorry. I just cannot stop the coconut recipes. They are too good!
If coconut is not your thing you can easily swap in regular cream and whipped cream. Still awesome.
Well I mean come on. That really needs no explanation. It is sweet, sticky, slightly bourbonie and when it hits those caramelized peaches, coconut whipped cream and fluffy pancakes, whoa – it is honestly one of the greatest tastes ever. Honestly not even exaggerating.
When I talk food, I don’t mess around.
Alright, fine. Sometimes I can get a little over zealous with the exclamation marks, but I have tried to tame those lately. Ugh. I am so embarrassing, I get way too excited when I talk food.
FYI if you start a conversion with me don’t let me start talking about food and blogging. I get wordy and could go on forever.
Bourbon Peaches and Coconut Cream Pancakes with Bourbon Cream Syrup
Servings: 12 Pancakes
Calories Per Serving: 189 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Collection
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- To make the syrup, add the maple syrup, bourbon, butter and coconut milk to a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to low. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a pat of butter. Slice one peach and dice the other. Add the sliced peach to the skillet and sprinkle with 1/2 a tablespoon of brown sugar. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes and then flip and cook another 2 or 3 minutes or until caramelized and soft. Remove from the heat and add a splash of bourbon to the pan. Toss well and then remove and slide the peaches on to a plate. Return the skillet to the stove and add more butter if needed. Add the diced peaches to the skillet and sprinkle with 1/2 a tablespoon of brown sugar. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and add a splash of bourbon to the pan. Toss well and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, baking powder and salt until combined. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, egg, melted coconut oil or butter and the vanilla extract, then mix it into the dry ingredients until a batter forms.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-low to low heat. Once hot, add a bit of butter and about a 1/4 cup of batter. Place 3 or 4 of the sliced peaches right on top of the the pancakes. Cook until bubbles appear on top, then flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Repeat!
- Serve the pancakes with [coconut whipped cream | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/caramelized-coconut-banana-bread-waffle-french-toast/] or whipped cream, then top with the remaining diced bourbon peaches and pour on the bourbon cream syrup.
When (let’s be honest) I know all you want is for me to shut my trap and serve some pancakes!