3-Ingredient Blue Cheese Appetizer (Idiot Proof) + Video.
This is as easy as it gets. Make this SIMPLE 3 Ingredient blue cheese appetizer and have your guests begging for the recipe!
And also possibly as good as it gets.
Like I said yesterday, sometimes you just don’t mess with an already good thing. Sometimes you just use the store-bought biscuits and shut your mouth. Even if it kills you to say you used store-bought, which for me it honestly does.
WATCH HOW-TO VIDEO HERE:
But I have tried this with homemade biscuits and honestly, it was just not half as good. It also took me closer to an hour instead fifteen minutes. I do not know about you, but right now, on the day before Christmas Eve, fifteen minutes is SO much better than and hour.
So just suck up any pride you have and grab the can.
You’ll be happy you did.
This is a recipe my mom has made since I can remember, but it is actually her mom’s (my grandmas) recipe.
It is honestly the most idiot proof recipe out there. Any of you non-cooks and bakers who think you cannot possibly contribute anything decent to a holiday party… think again. This is your dish! And trust me, it will impress. It will also be the very first thing gone from the table.
All you need is three ingredients. Biscuits, butter and blue cheese. Basically – melt some butter in a pie plate, add the biscuits to the melted butter (ah huh!!), top with blue cheese and bake for ten minutes. DONE.
And seriously, it is just so freaking good. It’s always everyone’s favorite. If you are not into blue cheese, swap in feta or goat, but I am personally all about the blue!
What is not to love? Biscuits, lots of butter, lots of cheese? Yup, it is definitely Christmas time!
3-Ingredient Blue Cheese Appetizer (Idiot Proof)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Biscuits, I use Pillsbury Grands
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, melted
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled or more if you like!! (Feta and Goat cheese can be swapped and are both very good!)
- Fresh cilantro or parsley chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a 9 inch pie plate.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters and place in the pie plate with the butter. I like to toss the biscuits in the butter so that the sides of the biscuits get coated in butter. Sprinkle the blue cheese (feta or goat) over the biscuits. If desired sprinkle with fresh cilantro or parsley. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and bubbly. Watch closely!
- Serve with toothpicks or mini appetizer forks.